Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stop and smell the roses...

So for some strange reason I woke up at 2 am yesterday and I could not get back to sleep. Maybe eating a snack before bedtime is not such a good idea after all. I figured that since I was already up, I might as well do something. I started reading " In praise of slowness" by Carl Honore (which is the American version of "In praise of slow". I wonder why he had to change the title for the American release?) While I was reading it at 3 am, it hit me that maybe... just maybe he was right. Maybe the reason why I was awake was because I was stressed. We need to slow down and enjoy our life. Constantly trying to be more productive, doing more than one thing at a time, has the adverse effect of making everything crash and burn... our health, our mind, our relationships.


On other news, the maintenance dude from my unit came in to "fix" my shower door. Not sure if he fixed it, but he sure got paint on my leather chair. :( I also had my computer unlocked ( I know, stupid me), and personal information on my desk too ( double doh). Lets hope he did not go through them.

No comments: