Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ultimate spring cleaning and movie galore

I have been spending the past five days cleaning our house back in Montreal. It is surprising how much junk we can gather after only living in it for 15 odd years. I found my first year notes as well as my cegep notes. I found my old movies and my old toys. Sadly, in order to make room for my new junk, I had to throw them away. At first, I was kind of despairing at the idea of throwing everything. Not because I was torn emotionally, but the shear effort of bagging all that junk and putting it on the curb. Yesterday was grabage day and I left a small mountain of eight or nine garbage bags and two boxes worth of recycling material. Today, when I resumed cleaning I was overwhelmed once more at the amount of junk still left to throw out. However, my friend, Jerome told me to be environmentally sound and to bring all my old junk to the ecocentre for recycling. At first, I jokiling commented how easier it would be to just dump everything in the garbage since I won't have to sort it out. But eventually, I decided to get off my lazy ass and start sorting my junk. I brought over a van load of stuff to the recycling center. Mainly old magazines, books, computer stuff, phones, etc. Now the house looks a little better, but there is still a long way to go. :( I can't wait to finish cleaning. At least now my room actually looks like a place where I can sleep in and not just a storage area. While I was cleaning I also happen to stumble upon some of my old movies. I think I will sit down and watch them once I am done cleaning... if I am ever done.

No comments: